Completely redesigned and extensively tested waterproofing system.
Basically, everything is easier and better than it was before. We ran out of materials for v1 and it was getting difficult to get some of them. Made some breakthroughs on how to make the system easier, faster, and more reliable to build. At that point we didn't want to sell v1 as it was anymore because it wasn't the best we could do. We thought it would be a quick rework for a sort of v1.5 and it ended up being not that at all.
Took months, testing through the seasons to see how the new waterproofing performed in any temperature. Testing waterproofed air units and vistas in a ~105F chamber to failure and comparing to non-waterproofed. If we were going to make this, it would perform just as well or better than stock. And it does. We kept a few v2 rigs on analog with esc telemetry to keep a log of how hot the stack got in the air and then waterproofed them and compared directly in similar outdoor temps. The boards don't get any warmer than stock, they might even run cooler when waterproofed.
We haven't managed to explode a v2 waterproof stack, not one has failed. We think you will have luck as well, or we wouldn't be offering it.
This Waterproof Kit only fits in the Deep6v2 Frame. The waterproofing needs more space than most frames have and mounts in a special way. If you understand and choose to try the waterproof kit in something else we cannot guarantee success.
Compatible with any size stack: 20mm/30mm/25.5mm boards
If you want to use Frsky or other 2.4GHz let us know in order notes.
DJI Air Unit version includes dual antenna mount. Straight or right angle mmcx extensions work.
DJI Vista may need 20cm camera wire, they keep changing the stock length. They say 12cm but it's really more like 10cm and we need that 12cm.
Peace of mind in any condition. Fly where you wouldn't dare.
- Revamped for v2 waterproofing.
- Looked at a lot of broken carbon parts and thickened where needed.
- Arm interface is stronger. Middle standoffs are now stainless steel for utmost strength when you hit something that isn't water. Arms are a little wider and more tapered, area around screw is wider. Front is stronger.
- Rear section of frame is a little longer and back standoffs wider to accommodate an air unit in back.
- Longer slots add more CG adjustment of battery
- Added vista holes in back if you want to hard mount it.
- Added second slot for DJI cameras.
- Moved camera back a few mm to give slack in camera wire and protect lens further.
- Added 25.5mm whoop board mounting. Whoop boards work with waterproofing.
- High friction silicone dots keep battery from sliding
- Added extra hardware for spares
6in props capable, intended for 5in for a more planted flight feel
Slightly squashed x arm configuration gets props out of view
Arms above bottom plate gives 28mm of build height, with the weight distribution of a frame with 20mm standoffs and the arms below bottom plate.
Arms butt up to each other and are locked with a center screw, no arm wiggle
Fewer arm screws means easier swaps, remove 1 screw and loosen the center
2 20x20mm mounting points, have option for 2mm and 3mm stack screws
2 30x30mm mounting points
Slots for mounting Immortal T/SMA with zip ties on bottom plate back deck
2 places to mount battery, forward or backward to offset Gopro weight for CG
Slots in top deck to tuck balance lead into, never waste time figuring out where to put it or chopping it off again. Faster battery swaps to get back in the air
Chamfered 4 middle screws on top plate so battery doesn't get scuffed and ruined just strapping it down
Carbon nubs in center of top plate for checking balance
Built-in camera protection
Adjustable camera slots for longer or short lenses
Tiny tpu o-rings go between camera and carbon plates to really lock in your angle. Use only for cameras smaller than 20mm wide. Metal case stock DJI camera fits as is.
Built-in optional Gopro mount gives angle adjustment from 15-50 degrees with no props in view
- Tolerances are extremely tight. Thread screws through the carbon
- Chamfered arms
- Toray T700 carbon fiber gives higher strength than cheaper carbon fibers
- Premium matte paint finished carbon feels silky
Supplier messed up the hardware for initial shipment, it is fixed just in different packaging